AI scanner software captures all data in a few seconds for the automotive industry, insurance companies and authorities
Many car workshops still record the information from the registration certificate part 1 (formerly known as the vehicle registration document) by hand. This not only takes a long time, but is also prone to errors - especially if the data is recorded by telephone. Another advantage in Corona times: The software enables contactless customer processing.
Anyone who has ever transcribed the data of a vehicle registration document knows the complexity of the document: license plate number, the vehicle identification number, or FIN for short in Germany, and the HSN/TSN are real error traps. On top of that, manual data entry costs a lot of time. Valuable minutes that are wasted with monotonous work.
Train digital vehicle registration scanners with AI
That's what some users of Konfuzio already thought through. Our users only need the high-quality software Konfuzio and 50 examples. Not the IT specialists tinkered, but even laymen train the AI, which can also work with other certificates, for example, for insurance companies, appraisers, offices or lawyers. As a result you get a digital vehicle registration scanner. "This saves up to 90 percent of the time previously spent on the project for the IT", says CEO Christopher Helm.
But how does the program work in practice? Quite simply, all that is needed is a photo or scan to upload, which can then be digitally read in seconds and converted into an editable format. Thanks to the use of artificial intelligence, the software also does not fail to recognize the forgery-proof document like ordinary text recognition does.
Digital vehicle documents by fast OCR
While many readout applications use so-called OCR engines (optical character recognition), users of Konfuzio are helped by the artificial intelligence (AI) developed in-house. This makes the vehicle registration document scanner "adaptive", and the performance of the software improves over time.
The solution processes data reliably even under adverse conditions - for example, with photos that are poorly exposed or were taken from unfavorable angles. Thanks to the integrated plausibility check, the system can even fill in missing sections of an incomplete document.
How does a digital vehicle registration document scanner work?
- A photo or scan of the registration certificate will be taken.
- The document is uploaded via the API (interface).
- The AI software processes the document.
- The extracted sections of the ZBI are transferred and integrated in JSON format.
With its certified security structure, Konfuzio offers the highest standards in terms of data protection and DSGVO compliance. The software can be integrated into an existing IT infrastructure via the API interface.
Which fields can the vehicle registration document OCR recognize?
- B: Date of first registration
- D.1: Brand
- D.2: Type/variant/version
- D.3: Trade name(s)
- E: Vehicle identification number
- F.1: Technically permissible maximum mass in kg
- F.2: Total permissible mass in kg in the member state of registration
- G: Mass of the vehicle in service in kg (unladen mass).
- H: Validity period
- I: Date of this approval
- J: Vehicle class
- K: Number of the EC type-approval/ABE
- L: number of axes
- O.1: Technically permissible trailer load with brakes in kg
- O.2: Technically permissible trailer load, unbraked, in kg
- P.1: Displacement in cm³
- P.2/P.4: Rated power in kW/nominal speed at min¹
- P.3: Fuel type or energy source
- Q: Power-to-weight ratio in kW/kg (only for motorcycles)
- R: color of the vehicle
- S.1: Seats including driver's seat
- P.2: Standing room
- T: Maximum speed in km/h
- U.1: Stationary noise in dB (A)
- U.2: Speed in m (high -1) to U.1
- U.3: Driving noise in dB (A)
- V.7: CO₂ (in g/km) combined value
- V.9: Pollutant class relevant for EC type-approval
- (2): Manufacturer short name
- (2.1): Code to (2)
- (2.2): Code for D.2 with check digit
- (3): Check digit for vehicle identification number
- (4): Type of structure
- (5): Designation vehicle class/bodywork
- (6): Date to K
- (7): Technically permissible maximum axle load/mass per axle group in kg
- (7.1) to (7.3): Axis 1 to axis 3
- (8): Permissible maximum axle load in the member state of registration in kg
- (8.1) to (8.3): Axis 1 to axis 3
- (9): Number of drive axes
- (10): Code to P.3
- (11): Code for R
- (12): Volume of the tank in tank trucks in m³.
- (13): Support load in kg
- (14): Designation of the national emission class
- (14.1): Code to V.9 or (14)
- (15): Tire
- (15.1) to (15.3): on axis 1 to axis 3
- (16): No. of the registration certificate part II
- (17): Operating permit characteristic
- (18): length in mm
- (19): Width in mm without mirrors and attachments
- (20): Height in mm