With a BPA software you optimize your business processes in the company by automating manual work and simplifying and improving the individual workflow steps that make up a process.
One way to automate a business process through BPA software is to intelligently design and digitize document management. In this way, you enable seamless automatic processing of all documents without having to assign employees.
Another advantage is that intelligent document processing also simplifies all other work processes relating to documents. This way, you are helped by a Automatically categorized filing or the electronic full text search in all documents to optimize business processes beyond pure document processing.
How to use the BPA software profitably in your company, you will learn in this article.
This text was automatically converted in your speech.
BPA Software - What is it?
Business Process Automation Software refers to a powerful platform for companies to streamline their business systems by automating processes. By communicating across multiple systems, databases, and people, it improves the efficiency of business processes across the enterprise.
This allows administrative tasks to be automated, which will increase employee productivity, reduce operating costs and increase company revenue.
A BPA software extends your infrastructure with the following functions:
- System integration tools
- Report automation
- Workflow tools for business processes
- Notifications and alerts
Categories of BPA Software
There are different solutions for business processing in the technical jargon. So, depending on your requirements, other focal points in the field of BPA software may be worthwhile for you:
BPA software is used to optimize a specific process or an entire workflow and aims to improve speed, accuracy and cost efficiency.
BPO are business processes that are outsourced to an outsourcing company, usually in a low-wage country. These mainly include repetitive tasks in the workflow. BPO is more cost-intensive and less effective than BPA.
BPM is the generic term for a strategy that companies use to improve certain processes in their workflows. BPM aims to provide an overview of process optimization.
RPA is a type of software that automates repetitive, rule-based tasks that are normally performed by humans. These tasks can include data entry, data processing, and other types of routine tasks that can be easily automated. RPA software is often used in businesses to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
Hyperautomation describes the application of advanced technologies including AI and machine learning to automate processes and thus support humans. By combining rule-based solutions and AI, the resulting process automation overtakes traditional automation solutions. It does so through the interplay of expertise, business processes, and data, which makes for significantly more economical and effective optimization.
BPA Software - Advantages
BPA transforms your business processes. Above all, you gain more time for your team, which they can then put to good use elsewhere.
Advantages of using a BPA software are:
- Efficiency: Manual tasks become redundant and your team can focus on value-added tasks.
- Flexibility: You can use the automations in almost all workflows and integrate existing solutions and workflows without additional costly purchases.
- Scalability: The intuitively configurable bots ensure that you can always align your automation strategy with the growth and change of your business.
- Versatility: With a pre-stock of usable automation modules, you can automate processes using drag-and-drop in a matter of hours.
If you want to comprehensively automate your business processes and thus optimize the workflows in your company, BPA software can help you do this.
BPA software - application areas and practical examples
You can profitably use a BPA software in many different areas of your business.
The main task of the BPA is to automate repetitive tasks. These can be, for example, data entry or extraction, filling out forms, creating expense reports or other mundane administrative tasks.
Fast exchange of information
If data and information need to be passed quickly from one person to the next in projects, BPA software is worthwhile. Concrete use cases are the accounts payable and approval process, the authorization of expenses or the creation of overviews for specific departments in the company.
Time limited tasks
If you have different due dates for vendor invoices or other time limits to meet, BPA software keeps track and ensures you don't miss any deadlines.
Security and Compliance
Keeping track of the many different security and data protection regulations is difficult in day-to-day business, but it entails serious consequences if ignored.
Document verification is part of the BPA software and helps you follow automated rules to ensure that data requests are accepted only if they pass certain checks.
Manual expense processing is time-consuming and inefficient. Use BPA software for this and you'll take the burden off your employee and the HR department, while making the process faster and less error-prone.
Ideally, all the employee has to do with the BPA software is take a photo of the expense report, whereupon the relevant data is displayed thanks to a OCR software automatically extracted and forwarded to the approving person.
The person in charge can then approve the issue with a simple click on the smartphone.
If you have to digitize many invoices in your company on a regular basis, you are aware of how much manual effort is required until an invoice is completely processed and can be stored in the archive.
Automation through BPA software that uses OCR text recognition and AI technologies allows invoices to be automatically read, categorized and sent to the right person for approval.
It will also be automatically added to a summary in your online database and a payment request will be sent to the finance department.
In the area of customer onboarding, the main focus is on compliance with data protection and KYC regulations.
For example, when opening a safe deposit box, the customer must provide proof of an ID. This is then not checked manually for errors, but can be checked by the BPA software and the document check it contains. This way, you ensure that even the smallest discrepancies are detected, while at the same time complying with the GDPR and other data protection-related regulations.
BPA Software - Supplier
There are providers with a larger scope of applications, as well as softwares that specialize in specific use cases.
Providers of BPA software that can optimize many areas of your business include:
- Pega: All business processes of different industries, e.g. financial services, government, retail, healthcare or manufacturing & high-tech
- Appian: Particularly suited for simplifying complex workflows consisting of people, current systems, data, bots, and AI
- ShakeSpeare Software: Accounting, Logistics, Administration, Compliance, Human Resources
- No Code Software: Report & Document Automation, Workflow & Interaction
- Personio: HR
- Asana: Team & Business Processes
- monday.com: HR, Sales & Marketing
- Konfuzio: IDP Software with Learning Hybrid AI
BPA software in document management with Konfuzio
You can use a BPA software for various purposes. However, one area where it is definitely worthwhile is document management.
Konfuzio is an AI-based OCR application that makes intelligent document management possible for you beyond simple word processing.
Not only can you digitize them and keep the content in the cloud or on your server, but you can also reuse it through features like document review.
At the center of this is the optical-semantic AI (Hybrid AI), which you can easily customize via the Konfuzio user interface. It combines OCR (optical character recognition), NLP (natural language processing) and CV (deep learning for computer vision).
A big advantage of Konfuzio's AI is that it is constantly learning. You can train the AI and teach it which fields are relevant and which are not. Thus, after a short time, the AI can already work independently and relieve your employees.
The document management of Konfuzio is characterized mainly by the following:
- No hardcoded rules
- Customizable AI
- No rigid layouts
- Can also be used for scans and images
In the area of functions, the focus is on ensuring that they fit seamlessly into your workflow:
- Intelligent Document Processing for automated document processing
- Input management: processing of your mail and incoming e-mail with automatic extraction of data from PDF, image, Word, PowerPoint and Excel documents such as invoices, waybills, contracts and system reports
- Automatically categorized filing thanks to document classification
- Emails with attachments: Extraction of email data such as orders, lead notifications, system alerts, and trip confirmations
- API & SDK Development: Extensive access for developers to the web interface and the document AI. With the AI and UI module, own document workflows can be implemented particularly individually.
- Preparation for DMS/ECM and Document archive: Automatic preparation and correction through categorization, assignment and filing in the document archive. Secured and qualitative recording of index values and search filters.
- Sophisticated indexing and search functions for easy automatic storage, processing and retrieval of documents
- Particularly accessible software documentation
An important sub-aspect that determines how useful a software is are the integrations. The application should fit seamlessly into your existing software landscape.
For Konfuzio the following interfaces guarantee this:
- Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Navision or even MS Teams
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Docs
- Other RPA, ERP or CRM systems
The prices of the software vary depending on the scope of use and installation environment. You can find the prices in the current Price list.
Conclusion - BPA software suitable for your company
BPA software must fit your business. Find a software that fits seamlessly into your company, automates relevant processes and relieves your employees.
Especially in the area of document management, the use of such a tool is worthwhile in order to outsource monotonous, manual and error-prone tasks to an AI. In this way, you create capacities in your company that you can invest in the digital transformation of other areas.
What do you think about the BPA software? Do you already use one and what are your experiences with it? Feel free to write your opinion on the topic in the comments!