What is Autonomous Artificial Intelligence?
Autonomous AI is defined as a form of artificial intelligence that performs tasks autonomously without human intervention.
Autonomous Artificial Intelligence extends and fully exploits the capabilities of Artificial Intelligence. Highly analytical, responsive and scalable tasks are executed even more automatically and efficiently with Autonomous Artificial Intelligence (autonomous AI) than with other methods.
Autonomous Artificial Intelligence combines various technologies and coordinates them as an autonomous system that requires less human intervention. Routine tasks in particular can thus be processed especially efficiently and effectively. Autonomous Artificial Intelligence maximizes the potential of all AI algorithms involved and thus achieves better and faster results.
Thus, Autonomous Artificial Intelligence can solve many challenges in crucial business areas. For example, intelligent document processing such as that offered by Konfuzio can enormously relieve the workload of lawyers and credit departments, which particularly benefit from these supporting functions of Artificial Intelligence. Humans can delegate repetitive tasks to the machine and focus more on strategic and innovative approaches.
How does Autonomous Artificial Intelligence work?
All AI systems are based on the Processing unstructured data with intelligent, iterative algorithmswhich recognize relevant patterns and functions in this data. At each iteration, the AI tests its own performance and develops additional insights. In Konfuzio, this unstructured data is text documents that are transformed into structured data using Hybrid Optical Semantic AI, which is then directly available to your employees. These normally repetitive manual tasks are taken over by the AI, freeing up important resources for more complex tasks.
Autonomous operations include thinking ahead about different scenarios and following an action strategy (e.g., correct Document classification), in which risks are minimized and other factors are maximized (e.g., speed or reliability). Thus, autonomous systems can execute complex decision sequences without human intervention. Based on the input data, the AI makes decisions independently and executes them. Autonomous Artificial Intelligence can thus be used in specific areas of responsibility improve the responsiveness of critical business processes. These can thus be processed even faster and without human intervention.
Autonomous Artificial Intelligence processes the input signals for perception (e.g. camera systems or GPS receivers for autonomously controlled vehicles or optical character recognition for Konfuzio) and responds to them with output signals (e.g. for control systems or document classification). The AI transforms unstructured data from the input signals into meaningful smart data. At Konfuzio, computer vision (CV) and natural language processing (NLP) algorithms work with specific instances and access the data needed for them.
At the intelligent document processing from Konfuzio the semantic-visual understanding of AI enables autonomous decisions for process optimization in companies. Konfuzio focuses on optical-semantic AI (Hybrid AI), which you can customize via the Konfuzio user interface. It combines OCR (optical character recognition), NLP (natural language processing) and CV (deep learning for computer vision). More technically savvy users can make further customizations via the numerous source code modules. With Konfuzio, especially document types like invoices, Insurance policies, Vehicle documents and others Forms processed.
How much autonomy is possible?
The path to autonomy includes not only more strategic algorithms, but also better recognition systems (e.g., optical sensors in autonomously controlled vehicles or the OCR at Konfuzio) and their optimal use to obtain more precise information about the environment or context of a document. Mathematical models are also constantly being developed that can be used to evaluate information from existing input signals more effectively.
The various elements that contribute to higher autonomy of AI algorithms can be grouped as follows:
- Modeling. Input signals are used to create a model of the situation (e.g., cameras with laser-controlled illumination, sensors for GPS positioning, or optical character recognition, OCR). Algorithms are used to assemble this information into a coherent image of the situation, which is then used later in the decision-making process.
- Plan. After constructing the model, the system must recognize relevant areas (e.g. roads and moving objects of a route or specific sections in a document) and select the correct action strategy.
- Act. To optimize the chosen strategy, the autonomous system must ensure that control elements can navigate freely along this route without encountering obstacles, or that documents are classified correctly and their data extracted without errors.
The autonomous AI learns with each run and optimizes its own processes. The degree of autonomy of a system depends on the extent to which humans have to intervene in the processes. It often becomes clear that "absolute autonomy" is rarely possible here either. Autonomous systems interact and require exchange so that they can regulate themselves optimally and function without errors. Hybrid, semi-autonomous systems in which humans and machines work together are the rule.
Dealing with semi-autonomous AI
In the scenarios for a possible future of Autonomous Artificial Intelligence, it can often be observed that they revolve around a few factors that are extrapolated - and others that are accordingly disregarded. The question of "which future" a person chooses, whether dystopian or utopian, often seems to be a matter of personal taste or even culture. In some Asian countries, for example, autonomous systems are already a natural part of everyday life - with corresponding advantages and disadvantages.
Technology is always developed for a specific purpose - and thus falls short of the universal, creative and highly adaptive problem-solving ability of humans. The impact of AI on our society is overestimated in the short term, but underestimated in the long term. AI must dhe ethical review withstand - like any technological development.Institute Director of Fraunhofer IOSB, Professor Jürgen Beyerer
The level of action takes place in the here and now. We all make far-reaching decisions, every day. Thus, the topic moves from emotionally charged scenarios to the level of shared responsibility. In various AI use cases, it is becoming apparent that a dichotomous classification into full versus no autonomy is often not possible. Autonomous Artificial Intelligence is ultimately always partially autonomous. To deal with this, there are various options for optimal cooperation between humans and machines:
- Transparency. Disclose decision strategies of algorithms
- Prevention. Recognizing opportunities and risks
- Responsibility. Hire AI expert to intervene if necessary
- higher-level meta-rules. Define limit ranges and exclude possible scenarios during programming
- Planning. Define areas of application for AI and human intelligence (e.g. limited environment without moving obstacles, such as in amusement parks, airports, industrial plants or warehouses, or human override, i.e. vehicles stop in overly complex scenarios and hand over to humans).
- Regulation & Privacy. Protect third parties who may be affected by any security or privacy issues that may arise.
- Protection against biased data sets. data collected unilaterally (e.g. only from certain population proportions) cannot be transferred to other situations
The better these measures of AI governance and the ethical handling of autonomous AI in particular are intertwined and cover as many potential scenarios as possible, the safer and smoother Autonomous Artificial Intelligence will function, even if problems arise.
Advantages of Autonomous Artifical Intelligence
The higher complexity of Autonomous Artificial Intelligence leads to an increased exploitation of the potential of AI on several levels:
- In-depth process automation: Autonomous Artificial Intelligence can go beyond repetitive tasks to independently initiate decision-making sequences from insights gained.
- Improved risk management. More complex algorithm sequences achieve higher precision through the combination of individual AI elements, improved mathematical models, and often more precise sensor combinations. This precision is also constantly evaluated and improved through iterative processing.
- Continuous availability. Autonomous systems do not tire and can signal potential sources of error and required maintenance measures at an early stage.
- Instant connectivity. In the increasingly connected world, Autonomous Artificial Intelligence in particular can significantly increase the speed of communication and transactions, both between individuals and between systems.
- Particularly high increase in productivity. Autonomous Artifical Intelligence can identify even better opportunities through increased complexity and make predictions that can be competitively critical for companies.
For example, many companies experience errors and problems when capturing, managing or processing documents. Solutions for intelligent document management can eliminate these problems.
More autonomy with Konfuzio
By capturing your documents, such as invoices, handwritten bills, receipts, vehicle documents or cash receipts and automatically converting them into editable text files, your documents can be captured much faster and with fewer errors.
The subsequent further processing of the individual data in different departments in your company, goes much more efficiently, because your employees can quickly search for specific terms and thus find the appropriate document, instead of having to read through individual documents.
Selected functions of Konfuzio
- AI-powered Intelligent Document Processing for automated processing of documents and images
- Input management. Processing of your mail and incoming e-mail with the automatic Extraction of data from PDF, image, Word, PowerPoint and Excel documents such as invoices, waybills, contracts and system reports
- Automatically categorized filing thanks to document classification
- Emails with attachments. Extraction of email data such as orders, lead notifications, system alerts, and trip confirmations
- API & SDK Development. Extensive access for developers to the web interface and document AI. With the AI and UI module, own document workflows can be implemented particularly individually.
- Preparation for DMS/ECM and Document archive. Automatic preparation and correction through categorization, assignment and filing in the document archive. Secured and qualitative recording of index values and search filters.
- Sophisticated indexing and search functions for easy automatic storage, processing and retrieval of documents
- Particularly accessible software documentation
If your documents or images have special features that the AI should take into account, you can, for example, mark various fields as important and teach the AI what further steps are necessary.
Konfuzio can be seamlessly integrated into your existing software landscape. Konfuzio offers these integration possibilities using the following interfaces:
- REST API
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Excel Power Query
- Numerous other RPA, ERP or CRM systems
The prices of the software vary depending on the scope of use and installation environment. You can find the prices in the current Price list.
Konfuzio is the only German provider with a powerful AI for intelligent document management and thus the general Process optimization in your company, that of your customers or users. Thanks to the flexibility to train the AI itself, specific requirements are also met.
Konfuzio is particularly suitable for system houses, consultancies and large companies, as it has multiple integrations and a wide range of important functions. These advantages can be leveraged across industries. The following are some examples of concrete implementation possibilities.
Industries that benefit from Autonomous Artificial Intelligence
Due to the higher level of autonomy, there are a wide range of possible applications in all industries for even more effective digital transformation.
Relevant contract details of existing insurance contracts can be extracted via smartphone photo with the help of AI. Based on these details, quotes can be automatically created and sent.
Banks and financial institutions
Optimizing document processing and classification (e.g., recognizing, translating, and filing international ID documents) avoids errors and frees up important resources for more complex activities.
Customer service of all industries
Enormous time savings are possible here when intelligent document processing is used to classify documents, extract data and assign workflows. Important time and attention that your employees can give to your customers.
Autonomous Artificial Intelligence - more autonomy, more responsibility!
The more possibilities there are to hand over decisions and even actions to autonomous systems, the more people are asked to handle these margins responsibly in different areas and industries.
One example of how the possibilities of AI can also support societal transformation processes in general is offered by Konfuzio. With our intelligent document processing, we also aim to unburden academic and charitable institutions, freeing up important resources for the development and execution of innovative strategies that ultimately benefit us all.
Frequently asked questions
Mathematical instructions or rules for performing calculations, handling data, and solving problems.
Further development of established AI applications for perception and strategic action that can improve and extend human-machine collaboration in critical areas.
Big Data refers to the amount of data that is too large, too complex, too fast-moving, or too weakly structured to be processed using conventional methods. This volume of data can be analyzed to identify patterns, trends and relationships within it. This data is referred to as "Smart Data".
With the help of machine learning, systems can recognize patterns in existing data sets and independently find solutions to problems based on probabilities. Machine learning is a subfield of artificial intelligence.
What do you think of Autonomous Artificial Intelligence? What opportunities or difficulties do you see? Feel free to write your opinion on this topic in the comments!
Write a comment